When my private clients have a consultation with me, and decide to work with me on their weight and eating issues, there’s one thing they all want, and im sure you will agree that you too are looking for the same thing.
They want and expect me to motivate them.
I smile to myself when I hear this as i recall back to when i too wanted someone to motivate me, but now I know that no one can motivate another person. Motivation is an inside job. One that only you can do for yourself, and today i will show you how you do that.
As a coach and mentor i can hold you accountable for your goals and cheer-lead for you. But I nor no one can light the spark of excitement that makes you WANT to do something.
That has to come from you. From knowing what you want. And why you want it. And wanting it more than you want almost anything else. And that there is no excuse in the world that can stop you.
And once you know all those things, and are really clear, then you need to find a way to pay attention to what you want.
Every day. Yes! Every day you need to place your attention on what you want and how you’ll go about getting it.
You can get support. You can learn new things that will aid your quest of your goal. And there are tons of tools I give my clients.
But like most of life, it’s you, baby. It’s you who needs to get and stay excited, i can guide you but the bottom line is that its on YOU.
Here are some ways to motivate yourself
1. List all the reason why you want this goal
2. Beside those reasons list how this will change or improve your life * This will be your primary reason and motivation
3. List all the roadblocks that stop you from getting to your goal
4. From the roadblock list; separate the emotional vs. physical reasons
5. Start positive affirmation statements daily to yourself from the emotional roadblocks that stand your way. Example (neg); I never lose weight (Pos) I will lose weight.
6. Make a calendar and list your must do to remove physical roadblocks. Example; meal planning, exercise days. Plan it on the calendar and practice until it becomes habit
Most important be patient and look at the progress not the end result. Enjoy the journey as for some of us its a long one.
Veronica Vargas Mother of 1 and business owner of Bodies By V.V. guides busy moms and women towards eating and moving towards a healthy lifestyle. The Blog that gets right to the point!
Metabolic Fire Video Workout
Ailment Nutrition Plan
Customized Nutrition Plan