You have heard it many times how shakes or smoothies are a staple meal in any weight loss or body transformation journey, however what you put in that blender will bring you gain or losses. I find too much fruit is placed in smoothies and some are okay and lets add more of what benefits your hormones.
When working with women going through hormone shifts, adding key ingredients into their daily smoothie will bring on many benefits such as;
So lets get started on this magically list.
1. Maca Powder- This herb is extracted in Peru from a root vegetable used in the Peruvian culture for more than 3000 years. Here are the benefits it contains.
2. Omega 3 oils- Omega 3 has amazing properties in reducing inflammation and restoring balance within the cells. Here are a list of benefits it contains;
3. Collagen Powder- Collagen naturally produces in he body but depletes with age, and this leads to both sagging, aging skin and aches and pains in our joints and muscles. Here is a list of benefits it contains;
4. Protein Powder- Needs to be the main ingredient in any smoothie or shake, without it, its just a sugary beverage. Here is a list of benefits it contains;
5. Greens- Most of us don't get enough veggies in our diet and therefore this causes our bodies to become acidic, Acidity is the main cause of inflammation, therefore adding greens to your shake or smoothie will alkaline your body and assist in toxin release and along with that fat release.
6. Fiber- this non calorie carbohydrate is natures way of keeping our appetite happy and stabilizing bloods sugars to reduce fat storage and keeping our bowels clean and creating a balanced digestive health
7. Digestive Plus & Probiotics- After the age of 40 we slowly start to lose our ability to digest foods properly and by the age of 50 we lose 50 % of our digestive enzymes and due to our highly pasteurized foods we no longer get the good bacteria form our foods. Here is a list of benefits it contains;
How to make the Magic Smoothie
In a blender add in the following
Veronica Vargas Mother of 1 and business owner of Bodies By V.V. guides busy moms and women towards eating and moving towards a healthy lifestyle. The Blog that gets right to the point!
Metabolic Fire Video Workout
Ailment Nutrition Plan
Customized Nutrition Plan